Sunday, August 30, 2009

House with overdone garden and other 'plants'…owner must be a witch

It’s cold and flu season and the wife was feeling a bit under the weather. Today I was going to be a good husband and go to our local Tim Hortons to pick her up some tea. For my American and Latin readers Tim Hortons is our local coffee shop franchise. The Tims is in a new plaza that was just freshly built and is literally a 5 minute walk from my house. Driving around the corner and down the street I noticed something strange…blog worthy strange. One of the houses on the street had an excessive amount of greenery planted. To the average untrained eye this would simply look like a house with an owner who had an unbelievably poor taste in landscaping. Less is better in this case. My hawk eyes revealed much more. Hidden amongst the ugly plantations and eye straining amounts of evergreen shrubs I found what looked like Deadly Nightshade (Atropa belladonna), Woody Nightshade (Solamum dulcamara), Monkshood (Aconite) and if my memory serves me correct…Hemlock (Concium maculatum). There are massive amounts of lore floating around the interweb about the uses of these plants and most of it looks like pure nonsense. Take it from an expert (me), Nightshade is not used to conjure up a love spell. In fact, lore of the past associated this plant as being the devils plant and any homeowner growing the devils plant must surely be a witch. One house I won’t be passing by on Halloween..

p.s For your safety..... and mine.. street names were edited out.



No comments:

Post a Comment